Monday, November 20, 2006

And so it starts ...


I'm not a total n00b when it comes to FLStudio. I used very old version of it a long time ago and at that stage FL was way better than hammerhead (a quadriplegic [but useful] cousin of Fruityloops). I ended up with a old version of Logic Audio because the "limitations" of Fruityloops at that stage stopped me from buying it.

After many years of playing and not actually producing a single mentionable track, I threw in the towel. I just couldn't stand the frustration anymore. I badly wanted to create something, but the simple "beeps and blips" that were coming out just didn't satisfy me.

a Few of my friends use FLStudio in their studios as a pattern based sequencer for quickly assembling drum beats and rhythms in their projects. Recently one of them completely moved their studio onto FLStudio and thats where this thing caught my eye again. It just got me thinking... and after downloading the demo version of FLStudio 6 i was in heaven. Almost immediately i could start creating music. Hooking up an old Yamaha synth via MIDI-IN-OUT was really simple to do and i use it as a MIDI input for "composing" (please note the "")

My wife must have caught onto the fact that i was spending time with music again because she bought me a Producers edition of FLStudio for my birthday. I suppose she realized that i was excited again and that i never really stopped wanting to make music.

I still haven't made anything worth mentioning, but at least my passion to create music is there again and this time it seems to be getting a bit of satisfaction ...

No comments: